It is not unusual for history to be written by the victor in battle, the minority privileged, and/or elitist group. Civilizations and cultures have been destroyed by numerous factors such as war, natural disasters, diseases and famine. In the human aspiration to record factual information, events often lack perspectives from everyone involved. In many cases, due to the lack of documentation, the voices of ordinary citizens are not represented and especially from those who are not from the dominating ruling class.
Tracing one’s ancestry back hundreds of years often leaves many questions unanswered: lifestyles of past ancestors, personal preferences, perspectives, dreams, and aspirations . Often there isn’t documentation for the descendants/successors to learn from and to obtain wisdom passed on by their ancestors.
If people do not write their own persories (personal stories) then no one else will. As a result, many will continue to be rarely included in mainstream documented history and continue to be uninformed and misrepresented.
World history is being challenged on numerous levels. Provided below are just a few of the challenges that many societies are facing:
- History is often written to represent those in power
- Publishing has often not been easily accessible by many groups
- Illiteracy has risen due to a lack of interest in reading and writing
- Communication among family members is poor
Mypersory.com, also known as the Personal Online Literature Repository (POLR) Project, is aimed at encouraging people across the world to document, share, and archive their very own persories (personal stories).
The Personal Online Literature Repository (POLR) Project will be a catalyst in the facilitation of documenting the uncountable positive ideas, aspirations, intellectual contributions, accomplishments, and inventions made by people across the globe from all walks of life.
The actual database used to store each persory will be called Alex, symbolizing the Library of Alexandria, which was one of the world’s first and greatest ancient libraries. It will also symbolize inclusion of both genders: female (Alexandra/Alexandria) and male (Alexander/Alex).
The POLR Project has the following objectives:
- Improve the next generation of social networking by enhancing personal and historical value to current social networks and those sites that assist individuals to trace their history.
- Inspire and encourage each and every person to learn to read and write.
- Provide an avenue for the unheard voices to share thoughts, ideas, and experiences, which can be passed on from one generation to the next
- Improve communication among families
- Become a knowledgebase whereby wisdom can be shared
- Connect people who share common dreams and aspirations with supporters
- Provide an avenue which assists the author in publishing their own books
- Contribute to the redistribution of publishing power to the everyday person
- Educate people about Wealth creation through Residual Income
- Provide a repository which will be used for educational and historical research
- Encourage people to take time out to better understand the world they live in, who they are, and who they want to be
- Support and promote others to share and exchange ideas which could be overlooked and/or unheard solutions to many of the world’s problems
To be a world leader in providing literature and history written by people from all walks of life by creating the world’s first and largest Personal Online Literature Repository specialising in biographies and autobiographies.
To be a major contributor in encouraging and supporting every person to write at least one book in their lifetime as each person has a story which can touch another life.
We believe that literature and history should:
1. Fairly represent people from all walks of life
2. Encourage publishing to be affordable and accessible to people from all walks of life
3. Nurture creative and critical thinking
4. Provide a knowledgebase whereby all societies can learn from each other to create a world of peace and harmony.
Our Motto - Everyone has a story
We believe that everyone has a story to share that can touch someone’s life. It would be a tragedy for a person to never have had a voice or to never leave their own words as a legacy to humankind and as an confirmation of their significant existence.
Mypersory.com will be the “Missing Link” which will provide a:
1. Vehicle to bridge the communication gap between family members, generations and cultures
2. More reliable source of information which can be used to produce more accurate and unbiased documented history.
“Mypersory.com is the rebirth and new beginning for literature and documented history”.